ZOOM CALL COMING UP? SAME HERE!
Even though things are slowly returning to normal, one thing that’s definitely here to stay is video calls — for everything! Whether it’s for a quick team meeting, a mid-week friend get-together, or a fun chat with your client, we know that feeling confident in your on-camera appearance is always a plus! Here are our top tips below for enhancing your best features.
And one thing to remember — any of these steps can be customized or swapped out to fit your routine!
The technique of spot-concealing is a quick and easy way to even out skin tone and highlight your best features without requiring a ton of time or energy. We love using our Perfect Cream Concealer (maximum coverage) or our Perfect Liquid Foundation (full coverage) for this.
- Using a minimal amount of product, dot on a small amount of product on areas that have a little redness or darkness (most commonly this is around the nose and around the undereyes) and blend with a very small brush or a beauty sponge.
- This next step is absolutely OPTIONAL, but it’s great if you’re facing an entire day of video conferences, try using a small amount of Powder Foundation to set the concealer. Taking a very light hand, gently tap on a small amount of powder on your T-zone using a makeup brush.
TIP: APPLY THE SAME COLOR TO YOUR CHEEKS & EYE
So this next step truly cuts down on the time to looking video-call ready. Using the same color of pigment on your cheeks and your eyelids actually helps tie the no-makeup-makeup look together. This is for anyone who’s looking to do the most, with the least amount of time.
- Using a contoured powder brush, apply the product of your choice (either a blush or bronzer) to your cheeks
- If you have larger or hooded eyelids, take a little more of the same color and apply to your lids. If you have smaller lids it’s probably best to use a smaller brush or even your finger for this step.
HAVE A LITTLE MORE TIME?
IF YOU HAVE AN EXTRA 5 MINUTES:
- Curl your lashes and apply a swipe of mascara. We love our Lash Enhancing Mascara (featured in the image)
- Quick Lip – Instead of using the lipstick in a swiping motion on the lips, gently pat onto the lips for a lightweight hint of color. This is our favorite time-saving tip for lipstick because it doesn’t require so much precision. We love a hydrating lip product for this such as our Moisture Balance Lipstick.
To shop all of the products mentioned in this latest post, head on over to Truaurabeauty.com.